Posted in vacancies by mike - 27th February 2017
Graphic Designer Vacancy
Graphic Designer / Full-time / Freelancers Welcome
Matrix are seeking a talented and highly motivated Graphic Designer to join our growing team.
This is an exciting opportunity for a positive, ambitious designer with a broad range of skills, to join an in-house design team in a flourishing creative agency. The position is a full-time role with rates negotiable depending on experience and skill set. Freelancers that are able to commit to working in our studio are also welcome (please contact us to discuss).
Matrix is an established creative agency specialising in the design of digital and printed marketing communications for the B2B SME, Education and Arts sectors.
We provide creative design solutions for a number of marketing disciplines including branding and identity, website design, corporate literature and publications, advertising and packaging.
We require a graphic designer to work closely with the Creative Director on a number of design and artwork tasks including:
- Branding and Corporate Identity
- Corporate Literature
- Educational Material such as Prospectuses and Course Guides
- Website Design
- Exhibition and Display Design
You will also be expected to:
- Carry out more general artworking tasks such as undertaking amendments
- Be confident dealing directly with clients in a professional manner via both e-mail and phone
- Develop and produce marketing collateral to support the company’s strategy and visual branding
- Participate in creative brainstorms
- Contribute to the company blog, social media pages, creative award entries and other marketing activities as required
- Take responsibility for your projects from initial design through to print and/or web
You will need an outstanding portfolio of work, demonstrating excellent design, layout and typographic sensibilities for a B2B and corporate environment. You will need to have a thorough knowledge of using Adobe CC – Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. You will also need to possess a good working knowledge of, and be able to use, Microsoft Office – Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
You will be required to work in our design studio, which is situated in an attractive rural barn development in Cornwood near Ivybridge. Our studio is predominantly Apple based, but knowledge of using PC and Windows will be advantageous.
You will need to be:
- be a quick, proficient worker
- have an excellent eye for detail
- be calm under pressure and work to tight deadlines
- be positive with a ‘can-do’ approach to work
- possess excellent computer and IT skills
- have a passion for emerging digital technology
- learn, adapt to and exploit new technologies and trends
- have 3-4 years’ commercial experience in the creative sector
Alternatively, you can e-mail applications directly to email@example.com